The War of 1812
Chapters, All. “7. The Early Republic | THE AMERICAN YAWP.” Accessed February 19, 2020. http://www.americanyawp.com/text/07-the-early-republic/.
- Embargo: an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
- War Hawks: Members of Congress who put pressure on President James Madison to declare war against Britain in 1812. The War Hawks tended to be younger congressmen from southern and western states. Their desire for war was prompted by expansionist tendencies.
- Galvanize: to shock or excite into action.
- What were the roles of women in this time and are there any underground channels that had strong opinions about anything?
- How did the loopholes causing the theft of ships affect the citizens of America and even France and Britain?
Peskin, Lawrence A. “Conspiratorial Anglophobia and the War of 1812.” The Journal of American History 98, no. 3 (2011): 647–69. https://www.jstor.org/stable/41510113.